Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Rubix's Cube by Darren Maurer


5" x 7"
Sorry about posting another painting from a few months ago, but this one didn't make it on the blog page either. It was completed two days before the blog was up and running.
I was working on a little landscape tonight of a windrowed hay field that is not far from house but I'm not at all happy with the painting yet. I painted on it until I told myself it was done and then stepped back from my easel and saw that it was not up to my standards to show it. I will let it dry overnight and attack it again tomorrow. This Rubix's Cube was the second painting in my Painting A Day Series and I wanted to get it posted on the blog page anyway. I will post the third and only painting left that hasn't been posted in the near future as well. This painting is in fact sold.

4 Comments:

Blogger Luis Colan said...

This is one great painting. I love the colors and the light.

luis

7:28 AM  
Blogger Darren Maurer said...

It was an interesting painting to work on. All the colors appeared differently on each side of the cube. It is amazing how light changes how we see color.

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:43 PM  
Blogger David said...

This is my favorite -- great presence -- beautiful color choices.

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker