Friday, July 07, 2006

Nail Polish by Darren Maurer


5" x 7"
With a wife and two daughters we have a sufficient supply of nail polish and shoes at our house. I always want the nail polish and shoes to be put away and not just left where they were last used. It is a constant losing battle by the way. I thought why not try and do a painting of this bright smelly liquid and see what happens? Guess what? I like it, I really like it. Pardon the bad humor there, but really, it always amazes me to see what a few brush strokes of the correct color in the right locations can do. My favorite part of this painting is the reflection of the nail brush in the side of the bottle. This is painting 76 in my Painting A Day Series. If you are new to this site check all of the past archived paintings by clicking on the different months shown. Painting Sold

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker