Thursday, July 13, 2006

Lime Wedge by Darren Maurer


7" x 5"
This painting is from an idea given to me by our friends Charlie and Diane. We were all at our house watching Rock Star Super Nova and eating snack food. They brought a few cold Coronas with them and a couple of limes. Diane said something like, "Hey, paint a lime wedge in a Corona bottle." Then I said something like, "Okay, I'll do it tomorrow." And now it is reality. Oh, and before I forget, I'm also supposed to mention both of them in every television or newspaper interview that I do from here on. This is painting 78 in my Painting A Day Series. Painting Sold.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome! I'm trying to figure out where we could place this masterpiece. Maybe a series! A worm at the bottom of a bottle of Tequila...An empty Budwieser with a cigarette butt at the bottom...

In all seriousness...way cool!

Charlie

7:19 PM  
Blogger Darren Maurer said...

You could be on to something big there Charlie!! I'll have to sleep on it though.....maybe two nights.
Darren

6:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker