Thursday, July 06, 2006

Green Pear by Darren Maurer



5" x 7"
I wanted to paint another pear with strong contrast between the subject and the pear. I set this pear up with north light from a window illuminating it and shut all lights off in the same room. The result is what you see here and I used a burgundy paper for the background. I really like the contrast in values along with the contrast from the use of complimentary colors again. This is painting 75 in my Painting A Day Series. I can't believe I have done 75 paintings now. Painting Sold.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Hi Darren, I like your compositions very much and the vibrant colours. I am a painting a day artist too, what a great practice it is. I live in France, so do a lot of coffee and cakes paintings! Can I link to your site?

9:30 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Its me again, Just been browsing, love the monopoly one and the bean field, great stuff, going to link you weather you like it or not!!

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker