Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Cherry Tomatoes by Darren Maurer














5" x 7"
Cherry tomatoes are truly one of my favorite things about late summer. I tried to capture the texture and color of the tomatoes along with trying to get an interesting composition with three cherry tomatoes. The composition was the most difficult part. To achieve such a perfect composition, I took the tomatoes and rolled them once like three dice and it was perfect. Don't tell anyone!! This is painting 81 in my Painting A Day Series. Painting Available $100

1 Comments:

Blogger Luis Colan said...

Yes, the composition of this painting is very good. What I like the most is the placement of it in space, a little more to the right or left would not have worked. I also love the richness of the red. Good job!

Luis

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker