Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Nebraska Sandhills by Darren Maurer

8" x 8"
This is a little landscape of the Nebraska Sandhills that I painted today. I just returned last week from a five day fishing trip at the Valentine National Wildlife Refuge south of Valentine, Nebraska. I have been fishing this area for the past 25 plus years and it is one of my favorite places on earth. This is Nebraska's big sky country and I purposely painted the sky towering over a field of native grasses and wild flowers.. This painting would hit a soft spot of anyone from Nebraska. I am offering this painting for sale on the blog only. This is painting 64 in my Painting A Day Series. Painting Sold


Blogger Nolan said...

The Sandhills are definatly one of my most favorite places on Earth! Good call with showing the never ending sky and the rolling sandhills - that really captures the unique character.

12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker