Thursday, April 27, 2006

Peeled Lemon by Darren Maurer


5" x 7"
Painting Sold
I did it!!! I completed a painting a day everyday and posted all of them on this blog page for a month. There were a few times that I didn't know if I would make it. It is exhusting if you want to have a life outside of your regular work and doing family things together. I went with only four hours of sleep a few times but overall it was worth it and very satisfying. I'm going to give myself two or three days off and start again next week. I'll set my goal at another month of daily paintings. So stay tuned! I would also like to thank everyone that helped to make this blog page a reality. My wife and daughters, that helped me with some of the ideas and gave away some of their time in order to let me paint. My good friend, artist Mick McGinty, who encouraged me, helped me photograph the artwork and gave me a few pep talks that really kept me motivated. Our good friends, the Saulsbury family, who had several great ideas and also kept me motivated to paint, and to a new friend that I haven't met in person yet, artist Dave Darrow, who helped me a great deal with many technical aspects of starting a blog page. Check out Dave's Everyday Painting blog at Dave Darrow's Everyday Paintings This is painting 36 in my Painting A Day Series.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker